Friday, March 15, 2013

Flashback Friday

By the time you read this we'll be all unloaded into our Saint Louis house. You'd think that after all our moves I wouldn't say this, but life takes us to some places that truly surprise me ..... Saint Louis included. When choosing a picture for this week's Flashback, I had the idea of "new beginnings" on my mind. What we have here is a picture of the kids at the Field Museum in Chicago in 1997. I see fresh faces ..... old places ..... old faces ..... fresh places. (Wait, do I really see that or is that just how I feel right now???) Either way, this picture reminds me that there are always new things to learn at a new place ..... be it a museum ..... or a new town. And this picture also reminds me that I want to always try to be as wide-eyed and ready to learn as these three kids were on this day 16 years ago ..... and continue to be to this day. (I'm not sure if it's too much to ask, but it's not too much to aspire to.) And as Brad and I struggle in this move - and let's face it, anyone who has moved knows you struggle ..... no matter what ..... I want to be reminded of what I just said. Because it is true ..... but when the going gets tough it can be hard to remember.

2 comments:

  1. This is how I remember your cuties! Always surprises me when I see them so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful way to remember and to look ahead --- fresh faces ..... old places ..... old faces ..... fresh places.
    Wishing you happiness in the new beginning!

    ReplyDelete