Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Truth About Allie

I could lie to you and tell you that this despondent look on Allie's face came about when she realized she was going to the groomer's today. In reality this is just Allie relaxing on the stairs after our morning walk. Little did she know that in just a few hours' time she would be subjected to a bath, trimming, and other assorted assaults on her furry body.
I could also lie to you and tell you that Allie looks happy after being groomed because she enjoyed it so much. Or because she knows she looks (and smells) really good. But no - I'm fairly certain that in her mind she's incredibly relieved to have survived the medieval horrors of the groomer and to be back in the familiar territory of my car. Yes, this dog stood at the edge of the precipice and made it home alive to tell the tale. (Oh, and by the way, while I've been truthful to you, I've lied a bit to Allie and told her how fantastic she looks in her new bandana - which of course she got from the groomer. It's not exactly her style, but I do kind of like it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment