Saturday, August 2, 2014

Keeping Up With Mary (Not)


This summer no one can keep up with Mary. But we do what we can. Here's a photo from an outing that Troy and I went to on Thursday night. This is Craft Beer Week in St. Louis, and there are lots of events going on. (Including a beer festival that we're going to tomorrow with Peter, who arrives tonight for a week's stay.) Troy treated me to this event, which was the unlikely pairing of ….. yoga and beer. (Yes, in that order.) We had a one hour yoga session in the upstairs space of the Schafly Tap Room in downtown St. Louis (Schafly is the largest microbrewery in St. Louis), followed by a tasting session. Much to our surprise, the place was packed! I found this shot of us in a Facebook post by the group that sponsored the event (I'm to the right of the pole wearing purple, and Troy is behind me). Afterwards John joined us for dinner on their patio, so a nice event turned into a nice evening.
Like I said, this summer no one can keep up with Mary. While she has her own blog and does a great job of keeping everyone updated on her life in India, every now and then I like for her to make an appearance in mine, so I got permission to post this photo of her from earlier today. She and some friends braved the rain (it's monsoon season) and are spending the weekend in Mumbai. Here she is representing her beloved Stanford dorm, Larkin, in front of the Gateway of India. (I have to admit, I hadn't heard of the Gateway of India before, but if you click on the link I made you can read up on what it is if you're like me.) She'll have more to say about her weekend in her blog, but I'm glad that for now she could say a quick hello on mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment