Monday, October 27, 2014

The Harrisons Mix It Up

Last week while I was waiting to board my flight from LaGuardia, I got a text from my brother Steve who, it turns out, was also waiting to board his own flight to St. Louis (though from a different city). The next day, after he finished up with his St. Louis meetings, we met for drinks before he left town. (And by "drinks" I mean coffee for me and tea for him.) Today he and Amy start their week of moving out of New Orleans, and by week's end they'll be fellow residents of Missouri!
Meanwhile back on The Farm ….. Saturday found Mary marching in her first football game of the season. (This year Stanford has an unfortunate home football schedule; Saturday's was only the second home game since school started, and there's only one more home game yet to come.) It was reunion weekend and by the looks of what we saw on TV (and in this picture) I think it's safe to say everyone had a good time. Here is Mary with her friends Veronica, Lisa, Max, and Alison. (Max, if you watched the game and were paying super close attention, was the student featured with the Stanford Solar Car Project in a cutaway to one of the commercials.)
Meanwhile on the other side of the country, Peter was treated to a weekend visit by his Aunt Kathy and Uncle Don, who were in town visiting his cousin Lauren. They went out to dinner on Friday night (above) to one of DC's best craft beer bars, Churchkey. On Saturday he guided them on a bike tour of the District.
I will finish my post where I started: St. Louis. Since we've been gone for most of the month we hadn't seen John and Troy for awhile. So yesterday the four of us caught up at brunch at The Southwest Diner, a great local spot (if you're willing to wait to get in). I didn't get the memo to wear Packer gear (okay, yes I realize it's a standing requirement on Sundays) but John, Troy, and Brad were still willing to sit with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment