Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Coastal Visits

I'm not the only one who made a trip to an east coast recently. The weekend before last, Jessa traveled to Mexico for a wedding. Her mom was there too (above), and I'm guessing that after so many months of not having seen each other, their visit was far too short.
Jessa was in the wedding. She looked beautiful, as did the setting. For all the time she had to spend at JFK (a long layover and then a long delay thanks to a snowstorm) the warm beaches must have been especially inviting.
While Jessa was in Mexico, Peter traveled up to Tangier (a city on the northern coast of Morocco) for a basketball tournament at the American School of Tangier. (That's Coach Harrison in the center of the back row.) Notwithstanding the fact that the boys' team took third place, an inside source told me they had a terrific season.
Peter, if you're wondering where I got these pictures, I've finally discovered the webpage for your school's newsletter. (You knew it was only a matter of time.) And to everyone else, if you're thinking that Peter and Jessa must be happy to have some time to rest and relax at home, think again. Their weeklong February break begins Saturday, and they're headed to Rome.
Back to the good ol' U.S. of A. And who better to segue us than Alexander Hamilton and the other faces of our currency? (I'm already so past Andrew Jackson, and I'm glad that the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is too.)
Over the weekend I visited Mary. The weather was ridiculously fantastic, as it was in many of the normally cold parts of the country.
We mostly hung out in and around her neighborhood, but did a bit of venturing further into the District, such as our Sunday afternoon on the Mall. If only it was a few weeks later and we had cherry blossoms too. But I'll take this weather (and this companion) any day, cherry blossoms or not.
On Monday, Mary and I ventured over to Columbia Heights and had lunch with her cousin/my niece Emily.
Also on Monday, we went Atlas Brewing for some President's Day beer in the sunshine.
Last but certainly not least, it was great to get to meet and get to know Andy, Mary's boyfriend.  They live in the same neighborhood, so I had not one but two knowledgeable guides to the fine food and drink to be had on H Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment