Saturday, July 22, 2017

Beach Baby

Allie hasn't been to the beach because: a) in general dogs aren't allowed; b) even though there is a "dog beach" this means she'd have to encounter dogs off leash which, if you know her, definitely won't work; and c) fleas. But yesterday I walked her to this area where there's a little beach and I thought I'd have her put her paws up on the short wall just to look over the side, but instead she hopped right up and over the wall onto the sand! (Above photo.)
So I had her come back to my side and we tried again, but she went in the sand AGAIN. But on the third try, she was willing to just stand on the wall. My takeaway is that she's pretty comfortable with her new surroundings, which is proof that an old dog (please don't tell her I called her old) can learn new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment