Friday, September 22, 2017

East Coast


Brad and I had a fun time on the East Coast this past week. He was in Baltimore for work, and I came along to hang out in Baltimore, and of course to see Mary. While he was at his trade show, I showed myself around the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. First, I geeked out over all the ships. I won't bore you with pictures of all of them. This is one of four historic ships in the Inner Harbor.
Then I went to the B&O Railroad Museum and geeked out over trains. I'm not into trains (except to ride them!) but I found the museum really interesting.
But of course the best part was seeing Mary. She joined us in Baltimore after she got out of work on Friday.
Then we joined her in DC on Saturday.
Brad got to meet Mary's boyfriend, Andy.
On Sunday morning we all went to Union Market for brunch.
No trip to our nation's capitol is complete without a ride in a Car2Go.
After Brad went home I took the train to Connecticut and spent a couple of days visiting friends. This is my stitching group: Flora, Molly, and Bonnie.
Molly's bower was in bloom and she gave us a tour.
She had these regular Cosmos and double Cosmos, which I'd never seen before.
I went to the library and saw the mural that was painted by my friend Cherie and her husband Mark. I stayed with them; they were wonderful hosts and made me feel so welcome.
I was happy that I got to see so many friends. It was a busy but a very happy two days. This is Janet, who was in my bookclub.
I flew home from Boston and it was a beautiful night to fly. Now I'm happily at home and getting ready to head out again on Sunday to visit the Kidds in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment