Monday, January 8, 2018

Please Don't Judge Me

I have one more picture from the holiday break. Jessa's mom visited Morocco between Christmas and New Year's. The three of them took a first-time trip to Meknes, Fes, Moulay Idriss, and Volubilis. I hear they had a great time. Peter said Fes might be his favorite place in Morocco. Makes us think we may want to make a return visit . . . . .
When they got home, Peaches was happy to see her people, and Peter was happy to take a nap.
Back home, I was in Temecula the other day. Our niece Lauren was visiting my mom. They had spent the week starting to make this quilt.
It's not fully sewn together yet, but this is the quilt up close.
And this is the fabric it's cut from. The idea is that you cut six identical pieces from the original fabric, then each of those six pieces makes a symmetrical hexagon, all of which are pieced together to make the quilt. It's really complex, but the finished product is a very unique quilt.
This is why I'm asking you to please not judge me. This is the backyard of our next door neighbors taken from our house. (And no, we don't know them and no, they definitely don't read this blog.) But I thought this garden was so great I had to blog about it. The other week they installed two raised beds in their backyard. Now they're building an enclosure for the beds, to keep the critters out. Over the past few years, Brad and I have read about these garden enclosures online and we'd talked about building one in St. Louis. This is the first time we've ever seen one in person and I must say, it's very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment