Thursday, March 29, 2018

Getting Around

Last weekend Brad and I flew to Salt Lake City to visit his brother Boyd and family. We got to fly out of our very favorite Long Beach airport, which if you miss how flying used to be in the good ol' days, would probably bring back some fond memories. It's an historic airport with no jetways, no long lines, an outdoor baggage claim, and fantastic airport food. (Oh, and it's a short 15-minute drive from our house.) We love the Long Beach airport!
The flight over to Salt Lake City was pretty with lots of snow on the mountains as we got close.
Boyd and Karen were kind enough to take us to some fun Salt Lake City breweries. This is Fisher Brewery, with these adorable $1 sample pours. It was a great way to taste beer. (And yes, we shared all of these!)
Here's our beer tasting group: Boyd and Karen and Brad and me.
Sadly I don't have any photos of Boyd's family (though I should have as they have some adorable grandkids) but I do have a picture of their dog Cubby doing high-fives.
Once back in California I went to my mom's house to celebrate her 82nd birthday. The night I arrived she made dinner and set a pretty table with her colorful new Fiestaware dishes.
Brad drove down to have a birthday lunch with us.
No birthday is complete without some shopping. (And I think Mom would like everyone to know that she has better fashion taste than to buy that green shirt!)
To top off the day we went out for a delicious birthday fish dinner, and then back to the house for a slice of Dairy Queen ice-cream cake!
In case you're wondering what the dogs were up to (and come on, I know that's what you're thinking), Mom's dog Simba joined in the birthday excitement.
Meanwhile in St. Louis, it looks like Sirius and a friend were on cat patrol.
And here in Long Beach, Allie would like you all to know that she's figured out where the Easter Bunny lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment