Thursday, June 14, 2018

Asleep at the Wheel?

So you're probably wondering, what's the matter with Sue? Has she retired from blogging? It's been, what, a whole WEEK since Flashback Friday and she's blogged nothing since?! (Good grief, what is up with her?) Well folks, settle down. I know you're not really thinking that. It's just me being overly dramatic for the sake of having something to say. But seriously, I do have things from this week but they're only coming together just now. So here we go, it's a long one. The above photo is from last week. I had lunch with a friend in Huntington Beach and what a pretty view we had from our lunch seats. It's hard to beat this view!
Flash forward two days later and Brad and I were in Los Angeles for the Environmental Media Association Gala. We got to get dressed up and spend the evening in the backyard of a beautiful home.
My pictures of the backyard aren't great but it was so very pretty. There were different floral arrangement on each table, with blue and white table settings. It was just gorgeous. This was our table.
Jane Fonda got an award, and Lily Tomlin introduced her. So it was a treat to see these two in person. My pictures aren't great, but my memories are.
They sat this close to us. (They're at the far table in photo.)
The next treat of the evening was the entertainment: Snoop Dogg. I don't know what was better: getting to dance to his performance, or getting to send photos of it to our kids. (I give it a tie.)
Everybody got up and danced and got out their phones. It was so much fun, and we were right up front. This was with a zoom, but barely.
As you can see, we were close, and I was having fun.
The next day, Brad and I drove down to Seal Beach for brunch. Afterwards we walked out to the pier. It was a gorgeous day.
We watched the surfers from the pier.
Then we went to a Farmer's Market in Long Beach.
We had never visited this one before, and I don't know why. It was great and we'll be back for sure.
There was so much good stuff!
On Monday I drove down to visit my mom (and Simba).
I stayed the night and we had a short but nice visit.
My mom has a purse that matches her neighbor's red truck!
Oh, and did I mention that Simba was there too?!
The night I got home we took a twilight walk. It was beautiful. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment