Thursday, September 11, 2014

New Guy in Town


But first let me tell you about lunch. Yesterday Mary was craving Indian food, so she and I ate lunch at an Indian buffet. I don't think it was quite up to her standards (she was spoiled by the cooking at her apartment), but it still hit the spot.
After lunch my brother Steve called to say he was five minutes away from where we were. You just never knew who you're going to run into! (Actually we did know - but we didn't think we'd see him until dinnertime.) Mary hadn't seen Uncle Steve for four years, so it was a happy reunion.
Steve just got a new job and soon he and his wife Amy will be moving to Kansas City, which is about four hours from here. We're excited - it's the closest we've lived to family since we lived in California!
And now we interrupt this touching family reunion to bring you more pictures of ….. Mary. I couldn't resist this one. I've never figured a way to get this comfortable in our kitchen window seat, but Mary had no problem when she was talking on the phone to Brad's mom this afternoon.
Steve came over for dinner last night and also tonight. So of course when John and Troy were here tonight, they brought Sirius to meet him. Sirius has just recently gotten the privilege of being inside our house. And I'm happy to report that so far he's behaved like a perfect gentleman!
We're looking forward to seeing more of Steve and Amy, not only because they'll be living so close, but also because Steve expects his job will bring him to St. Louis fairly regularly.
Two nights of family dinners was great and we're looking forward to more!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be fun to have family so close. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete