Friday, January 13, 2017

Flashback Friday

Next Friday is the end of the Obama presidency, which I'm super sad about if you didn't already know. But before there were eight years of President Obama, there was the 2008 Obama campaign, and I'm still proud of John for spending his summer before college volunteering for it. He worked way more than full-time hours, and loved it. One of the events at the end of the summer was a rally in downtown Milwaukee that John helped plan and that he worked at, which is where we took this picture. My handy dandy "command + I" shortcut tells me this photo was taken on August 21, which means it was just days before we left to take John to start his freshman year at Tufts. It was a happy time which I'm glad to look back, on considering how unhappy I feel about what's going to happen next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment