Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Crafting Harrisons

With a title like "Crafting Harrisons" I bet the last person you expected to see was John. But surprise, here he is. Last weekend John came over and I helped show him how to cover a washi box (yes, I still have boxes and supplies from Japan) for their apartment.
John proved to be excellent at washi. He chose the most complicated paper but it was perfect for him as he does great with seeing things spatially.
 The washi box coverer hard at work.
By the end of the day he had an almost-covered box. We ran out of time and left the last bit to do the following day.
And here he is the next day, finishing up.
John's completed washi box! (He'll varnish it at home.) I know I'm biased, but it really is a beautiful box.
Last week I started a craft project I've been putting off for years: using some of our broken ceramic to make a mosaic. We have an art studio here in Webster that has the supplies and personnel to help me make it happen, so I gave it a go. (And please don't ask why I waited until just before our move to do this, because I don't have a rational answer.)
I cut our ceramic into squares and rectangles. Then I glued them around a mirror. After that, I inserted grout between the pieces.
When it was all done, this is how it looks. It took me something like twelve hours at the art studio. And now we have a new mirror to take to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment