Thursday, December 14, 2017

Morocco: View From the Plane

I had some pretty nice views from my seat on our trips to and from Morocco, so I'm here to share them in what is finally my final post from our trip! After flying through a short night en route to our layover in Paris, above we have the sun rising over Scotland or thereabouts. (My iPhone helps with location identification most of the time, but not all of the time!)
This is a view of cloud cover over the Mediterranean and our first view of Morocco. We still had to make a right hand turn to the south to get to Casablanca. The flight from Paris down to Casablanca takes about two and a half hours.
By the time we landed in Casablanca the sun was already setting.
On the return trip home, this is what the sky looked like shortly after we departed Paris at about noon.
We flew over the North Pole, so not long after we left Paris at noon it started to get dark, even though we were flying in a generally westward direction.
I was on the south side of the plane and I had a constant sunset to look at. I can only guess that on the north side of the plane it was dark. This was so interesting and beautiful. The blue in the sky kept changing shades and it was stunning.
As we continued flying over the Arctic and our arc turned southward, the sunset started to give way to sunlight.
Eventually the sunset disappeared and the blue sky reappeared.
Over Canada the day re-emerged!
I thought this was pretty. I remember thinking it was the Canadian Rockies but my iPhone claims it's Wenatchee National Forest in Stehekin, Washington. Either way, you get the idea.
This is either Lake Tahoe or another lake near Reno. (My iPhone won't be any more specific than that, and I remember on the plane being unsure as to whether or not it was Tahoe.)
See the plane flying by? Here we were skirting the western edge of the Sierras near Oakhurst, California.
Making our approach into LAX at around three in the afternoon. With that our flight ended, and with this so do my posts about our first trip to Morocco!

No comments:

Post a Comment