Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Shower and More

This weekend I was in St. Louis but I'll get to that in a minute. First off, it's Mary in Cincinnati! She and Andy took a long weekend to visit some friends.
I hear they went to see the Reds play the Cubs and even though the weather wasn't fantastic, it sounds like they had a good time.
Brad, meanwhile, was home. It was Pride weekend in Long Beach and our downstairs neighbors have a gigantic Pride brunch every year before the big parade. Before he headed down to the brunch (and the parade), Brad got a picture of the brunch crowd from above. I'm sorry to have missed it; hopefully next year!
The reason I was in St. Louis was for a wedding shower on Sunday. But first on Saturday, John and I had what has become the mandatory breakfast-when-I'm-in-town at the Southwest Diner. This child after my own heart even suggested we snap a picture together. (Now who's the #blessed one?)
I had never been to Perennial Brewing so we headed over there in the afternoon and I got to try this collaboration brew that Troy made as a fundraiser for Pink Boots. It was delicious.
We sat on the patio so Sirius could come along. He made a LOT of friends.
I stayed with this Anne, and on Sunday morning this was our brunch group. We ate at a new restaurant called Turn, where the highlight of brunch was a flight of biscuits. Yum!
There were some hiccups in getting to the shower on Sunday (a car breakdown after brunch, plus a missing house key) but eventually we all made it and by the end I think we'd practically forgotten how stressful it had been to get there!
Troy's maid of honor hosted a lovely shower at the Schafly Tap Room, where she's a brewer.
Here's she is with her boyfriend, plus of course John and Troy.
This is their good friends Judah (John's college roommate) and his girlfriend Arhanti. It worked out that these busy doctors both had the same day off so they could be at the shower.
This is Meredith, a minister who is their friend and who will be the officiant at the wedding.
Opening presents.
I wish Brad could have been there too, but I was super glad to get to share this fun day with them.
And I think this is my favorite picture of all.
Or maybe this one is?! (Just kidding.)
That night Anne and I went to a small concert. The picture is bad but the music was great.
Her dog Truman is a sweetheart and I had a lot of fun hanging out with him at her house.
On Monday before I left Anne W. and I had a delicious breakfast at the Mud House, then it was time to head to the airport and get home. Next time we're there it'll be for the wedding!



No comments:

Post a Comment