Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Update on Last Week's Volleyball

On Thursday night the girls had a non-conference match against Notre Dame-Fairfield, which they won in three games.  Here are a couple of pictures from that match, neither of which I can claim credit for taking, but both of which I really like.  (Notice in the second picture that the photography is so good you can see Mary's thumb depressing the ball.)

Then on Friday night it was the Nonnewaug home opener.  Very exciting to finally be on their home turf!  It was a match against Housatonic Valley Regional High School, a school in their conference.  Our girls came out strong, but then Housy (yes, they are really called this, pronounced Hoozy) warmed up, and it was a very exciting, very loud, very well-matched event.  Nonnewaug won the first two games, Housy won the third, but then Nonnewaug won the fourth to win the match.  And the girls were soooooo excited!!!
 I wish I could take credit for this action shot, but I'm not nearly this good of a photographer.
 I also can't take credit for the picture of of this dive by Mary. 
 Another one I didn't take but wish I had.
A pass by Mary that I didn't photograph.
The end of the match victory whoop.  Not taken by me.
Finally, a picture I took.  It was sometime in the middle of the match, but I think it sums up the evening.  They start next week 4-1 overall, 2-1 in conference.  Coming up this week:  three more matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment