Sunday, November 28, 2021

Calm Before the Storm

Let's see what the Harrisons were up to before the holiday season descended upon us. Andy and Tikka (as well as photographer Mary) got some outside time around Baltimore earlier this month.

Meanwhile Troy went on a multi-day bikepacking trip in New Mexico with a couple of friends. 
Cuts to her legs from the spiky plants notwithstanding, she had a great time.

I drove to California and had an overnight visit with my Aunt Joyce. The two of us and her caregiver ate takeout on Joyce's china in the dining room—a fun treat.

While I was in California I visited Kelle and Bob. Bob joined me on my long run. I slowed him down but he sped me up, so if I get close to my goal pace in next week's Tucson Half Marathon I will have him to thank.

Even though it was the week before Thanksgiving, the Christmas lights were up all over Dana Point and they were surprisingly gorgeous, yet difficult to fit into a selfie.

Peter and Jessa's brother Josh ran the Philadelphia Marathon last Sunday. It was Peter's second marathon after he had a grueling experience running a marathon in Morocco a few years back.

Even though he had to take some time off due to an ankle injury, Peter hit his goal time and had a great race. He promised himself that if he made his time he would retire from marathon racing. Mission accomplished!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment