Saturday, November 19, 2022

Geneva in Town

Last weekend Brad's mom came down from Sun City to spend a few days with us. On Sunday the weather was beautiful so we went to an outdoor market.

Afterwards we visited my Aunt Joyce at her memory care place. The four of us sat outside and we had a nice long talk. Joyce was excited that Geneva was also originally from Iowa. So we talked about Iowa a lot.

On Monday we went over to a place near us called Sabino Canyon. I've been there lots of times and hiked in the lower area of the canyon, but never have I ridden the tram that actually goes into the canyon. Wow, it was beautiful! 

There's a narrow paved road that's about 3.5 miles long. The tram was a perfect way to see hidden parts of Sabino Canyon for people like us who aren't serious hikers. On the way down we got off about a mile and a half before the end so that we could walk for a bit.

There's a National Park in Tucson named after the saguaro cactus, but I'm always amazed that Sabino Canyon has as many or more as that park. 

Okay, now I think we have seen every possible grouping from the three of us!

I don't usually space my photos this way but I'm going to try something new here. Anyway, I can't come close to capturing how pretty it is in Sabino Canyon but thought I'd add a couple of more pictures to try to give a better idea.











 

These are the only pictures I have from Geneva's visit, except as you can see I do have a picture of some pie. I used the last of the cherries I pitted this summer to make a cherry pie for the three of us. I figured it would be a good palate cleanser for all the pumpkin pie that's in our future next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment