Thursday, June 1, 2023

Getting Ready for Summer

A couple of weeks ago, Brad and I went hiking in Saguaro National Park with some friends. (It's about 15 minutes from our house.) The weather is starting to get hot and it's going to be harder to do much hiking without getting out before dawn. The saguaros were in bloom and it was great to get to see them in their glory.

This is what I mean when I say a saguaro in all its glory. The blossoms are so pretty and because they're so tall it's unusual to see them up close as they're usually up quite high. This guy had curly arms so we got a better view of the flowers.

Almost like an elephant's trunk.

Last weekend Mary and Andy went to Philadelphia to see Peter and Jessa and to leave a car with them. Peter and Jessa don't own a car, and since they have a baby due any day now, Mary and Andy kindly left one of theirs in Philadelphia so that the trip to the hospital would not have to be in an Uber.

Oops, another picture of saguaro blossoms snuck in when I wasn't looking.

Meanwhile, Lloyd is only six months old but he's already learned that it's better to be protected from the sun than to show off his guns. He's ready for the warm weather and I think the rest of us are too. Something we're all ready for is another baby in the family, so move over Lloyd, there's gonna be two of you pretty soon!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment