Denver Dog Stop
Our excuse to fly from Chicago to Denver and stay for six days was to dog sit for Sirius while John and Troy were spending a few days in western Colorado with Troy's mom, her siblings, and their families. But let me be honest. As much as I love Sirius, he was just a convenient excuse to get to spend some time with these two before they left on their trip.And we got a bonus of getting to see the Bediks for a couple of days too, before they left on their trip. This is Troy's brother Aaron next to Brad, and her sister's partner, Brian, in yellow.On Monday we all drove to Boulder, had lunch, and walked around the pedestrian shopping street in Boulder called Pearl Street.On Wednesday morning we bid the travelers farewell. This is John squatting, Troy next to her nephew Jack, and her mom Esther.But wait, there's more upside to coming to Denver. On Wednesday night had dinner with my sister Kathy, her husband Don, and her daughter Lauren. It was a fun evening filled with delicious food and drink.And when I say delicious food I mean no disrespect to the fantastic Chinese dinner we had but I have to give a shout-out to the rolled ice-cream. Yes, I said rolled. (It's also called stir-fried ice-cream.) I was a skeptic, but then I tried it and it was amazing. If you've never heard of it, look it up and watch a video of how they make it.
I also have to give another shout-out to the sunflowers. They seem to be in just about everybody's front yards and they're gorgeous.On our last night in Denver we meet up again with our niece Lauren. We went to a place called Breckenridge Brewery for dinner. They had a nice outdoor space to enjoy a beer before dinner, and after that we snagged an outdoor table on a covered patio which made for a perfect spot to enjoy a leisurely meal. But once the mosquitos arrived in force, we decided it was time to go. Speaking of time to go, it's time for us to head onto our next destination and say so long to this guy. He's been very patient and understanding with us for the past few days. Even though we don't give him table scraps and even though we're not the usual faces he sees around here, he's been a sport about the temporary change. His mom and dad should be here shortly after we head to the airport and I know he'll be happy to see them. And of course they'll be happy to see him too.
No comments:
Post a Comment