Friday, August 19, 2022

Flashback Friday

On Tuesday we have a family birthday - Mary turns 30 years old. (Gulp.) Here she is in 1999 at her seventh birthday party. We didn't do big birthday parties very often, but that year was an exception. Her "big" party (not that big at all, just about ten friends) was at Funky Hannah's, a beading store in downtown Racine. It was a fun afternoon of making jewelry and celebrating Mary. When Brad and I were in Racine last month, Mary asked us if Funky Hannah's was still there. We were sad to report that it wasn't. But when I sat down to write this post I decided to do some research and find out whatever happened to that wonderful store. And I am happy to report that it still exists, only we didn't realize it when we were there as it moved to a slightly more remote location downtown. But from the website it looks to be healthy and happy and so Mary, if you ever want to have another birthday beading celebration, and if you want to do it in Racine, it's nice to know Funky Hannah's can still be your place. Happy 30th Birthday to our most darling of daughters, the girl of our dreams, and the best anniversary present two parents could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment