Brad and I were in Denver the week before last for a baby shower for Baby Bedik-Harrison. It was great to spend some time with John and Troy before their household size increases by one. We gathered together in a party room in Esther's building (with slightly more people than Esther's building allowed but shhh, don't tell anyone) to celebrate Little Pumpkin.Brad and I regifted two sweaters that our friend Sue knitted for John 32 years ago. This is one of the sweaters on present-day John.It fit him better 32 years ago. But I'm confident that it will soon fit his son or daughter.We played a couple of games. One of the games was to guess who's who among these four pictures. Two are John and two are Troy. Those of us in the know thought it was pretty obvious, but it turned out to be a more challenging game than we expected! (Answer key is at the bottom of this post.)I don't have a lot of pictures from the shower. This is the parent and grandparent group. We enjoyed spending the afternoon with some of John and Troy's friends, with some of Esther's friends, and with my sister Kathy and her entire family. In addition to doing baby shower stuff, Brad spent the week building some Ikea furniture. He put together a changing table, a night stand, and a chair. By the time we left, all unconstructed furniture had been constructed!Everybody is curious to see how Sirius reacts to his home being invaded by a small and cute human. When we were there in the summer I discovered Sloan's Lake. It has a nice running path. And as you can see, it offers some sunrise views of downtown. I took a lot of pictures of sunrise on this particular day as it kept changing. (And if you're wondering, this has no filters.) I'll return in December, and I'm looking forward to more sunrises. In December we'll be there for a couple of weeks shortly after the arrival of the baby. Can't wait!
Answer key: top left and bottom right are John; top right and bottom left are Troy.
No comments:
Post a Comment