Friday, October 4, 2024

Flashback Friday

As I continue to scan in photos from a pre-John and pre-Mary photo album, it's another Flashback week with Peter. When Peter was born we lived in Oceanside, California. We lived in a condo that was more like a duplex, which is to say we had downstairs neighbors. We moved there just before or just after Peter was born, so we didn't meet our downstairs neighbors until after he was born. When we met them we discovered that they had a new baby too. When we got to talking we learned that both of our boys were born on the same day and in the same hospital! This is the two of them hanging out in front of our houses. Well, this little guy's name was Mendalson. Spelled like I spelled it. (I only know the spelling because I wrote it on the back of the photo.) He was a lot bigger than Peter, who weighed 9 pounds 6 ounces at birth. So even though Peter was no slouch in the weight department, Mendalson was definitely bigger. When I went to post this picture I thought that Mendalson is such an unusual spelling and maybe I can find him. So I decided I would Google him and see what became of him. I mostly wanted to see if his size figured into his future life and sure enough it did. One of the first results I got showed that he played D-2 football in college. That was enough for me and I stopped my sleuthing. Anyway, this is Peter and Mendalson at age 5 months, hanging out outside on the grass in Oceanside in February of 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment